Insight #1 What Do I Admire in Others?
- Sometimes what we admire in others is what we don’t give ourselves permission to do or be.
Who then might I be stopping myself from being?
Insight #2 What Is On My To-Be List?
- Almost everyone has a to-do list, but what about a to-be list?
Where is the space for being?
Insight #3 What Might I Do Better Today?
- Knowing we can do better is not the same as doing better.
What step might I take today?
Insight #4 What Help Did I Walk Past Today?
- In the whirlwind of daily life and its endless stream of tasks, it is easy to miss the moments when the world extends a helping hand.
What small acts of kindness or gestures of help were on offer?
How might I be more attentive to these moments?
How might I in turn offer more to others?
Insight #5 What Might I Be Making Too Hard?
- We sometimes get caught up in the effort and lose sight of what it is we want to accomplish.
- The “hard work” can then prevent us from noticing easier paths.
- This reflection on hard work explores the theme in more depth!
Am I a hard worker?
What does this mean to me?
Insight #6 What Excited Me Most Today?
- One of my mottos in life is: “Follow the energy.”
- If something gives you energy, the invitation would be to bring more of it into your life.
- Conversely, if something sucks energy from you (i.e. the opposite of excitement), ask yourself:
How might I remove this from my life?
Insight #7 What Am I Carrying After the Day That I Might Set Down?
- The key to travelling light is putting down any unnecessary baggage from the past.
- It can be helpful to find the physical language that speaks to you. For example, setting down / putting down / letting go of.
- If you find you are still carrying any stresses, burdens, emotions after the day, ask yourself:
Will this help me tomorrow? If not, what might I do with it?
Insight #8 How Did I Make the World Too Small?
- The idea of making the world too small is inspired by the poet David Whyte and yet the concept is eternal.
- It is about the conversations we choose to have with ourselves and others and, equally importantly, the conversations we choose to avoid.
So, what conversations am I avoiding?
Where am I refusing to look?
How are I making my thinking too narrow?
Insight #9 Where Did I Find Rest Today?
- Tiredness can take many forms, going well beyond mere physical tiredness and deep into our being.
- This is tiredness “of living” more than “from living” and is caused by a failure to find deep rest and nourish our souls.
- It is important to remember that, just like tiredness, rest too can take many forms.
- At times, we can find rest in doing rather than not doing.
- The question is more:
What type of rest do I most need?
Insight #10 What New Questions Did I Uncover Today?
- New questions are an invitation to open doors to new realms of thought and experience.
- They challenge us to expand our understanding of what is possible.
What might be possible today that wasn’t yesterday?
Insight #11 What Am I Ready to Learn?
- We have all taken courses or read books we felt we “should”, rather than paying attention to what we are truly ready to learn right now.
- This learning may take any form.
- Rather than pushing through and not learning what we might, my invitation is to pay ever-closer attention to where your energy is taking you – to the questions that are percolating within.
- Ask yourself:
What truly interests me today?
What is inviting me in?
What do I feel ready to approach?